We’ve all seen what our carved pumpkin looks like after a week or two. Sagging, looking moldy. That smiling face your child carved is now a pathetic frown. The intricate carving of your favorite team logo has just collapsed, leaving a unattractive blob for viewing.
I just found out about this tip, and will be giving it a try to keep our jack-o-lanterns fresh for a longer period of time.
- After you scoop out and carve your pumpkin, dip it in a large container of bleach and water (use a 1 tsp:1 gal mix). The bleach will kill bacteria and help your pumpkin stay fresh longer.
- Drain your pumpkin upside down until completely dry.
- Add 2 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to a quart of water. Brush or spray this solution onto your pumpkin to keep it looking fresh for weeks.